3. Garbage Disposal
- 3.1 Loose garbage shall not be deposited in the garbage chutes. All garbage including newspapers must first be properly bound, packaged or bagged to reduce or eliminate mess and odours within the garbage room on each level and in the disposal room at the exits from the chutes.
- 3.2 Bound or bagged garbage shall be of a reasonable size to permit same to travel easily down the chute and shall not be left in the container at the opening to the chute.
- 3.3 Large containers and bottles shall be left on the floor in a corner of the garbage chute room. If the size or amounts of such garbage are excessive, owners shall notify the management office and make suitable arrangements for the removal of such garbage.
- 3.4 No garbage other than items mentioned in paragraphs 2 and 3 above is to be left on the floor of the garbage room.
- 3.5 No burning cigarettes, cigars or other flammable material shall be put down the garbage chute.
- 3.6 No garbage is to be placed in garbage chutes between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. as the resulting noise would disturb residents of certain units in the building.
We use the WSG TriSorter System - a specialized garbage chute extension that separates recyclable materials right at the source, making the process convenient and environmentally friendly.
See a demonstration of the Trisorter Recycling System in action