11. Swimming Pool
HOURS: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Age Restrictions Apply - See Rules Governing Use
A Medical Officer of Health, a Public Health Inspector under his direction, or an Officer of the Ministry of Health, may enter upon a public swimming at any reasonable time, whether the pool is open for use or not.
Pools are governed by regulations made under the Health Protection and Promotion Act 1983, as amended. Ontario Government Regulation 381/84 as. amended by 0. Reg. 146/85 covering swimming pools, requires the following:
The swimming pool, having a water surface area less than 93 square metres. and being unsupervised must be posted with the following notice:
“This pool is unsupervised. Bathers under 16 years of age are not allowed within the pool enclosure unless accompanied by a parent or his or her agent who is not less than 18 years of age. The total Dumber of bathers on the deck and in the pool shall not exceed 40.”
Ontario government regulations governing swimming pools also state that:
- 11.1 No person infected with a communicable disease or having open sores on his or her body shall enter the pool.
- 11.2 No person shall bring a glass container onto the deck or into the pool enclosure.
- 11.3 No person shall pollute the water in the swimming pool in any manner and spitting, spouting of water and blowing the nose in the pool is prohibited.
- 11.4 No person shall engage in boisterous play in or about the pool.
- 11.5 The maximum number of bathers permitted on the deck and in the pool at any time shall not exceed 40 persons.
- 11.6 The emergency telephone is for emergency use only. Anyone using this telephone for any other purpose will be required to immediately vacate the swimming pool area and subsequent violation could result in a total ban of that person's pool privileges.
- 11.7 Each bather shall take a shower using warm water and soap and thoroughly rinse off all soap before entering or re-entering the pool deck area.
Children under 24 months of age (or wearing diapers) are not allowed in the pool area at any time.
Children between the ages of 2 and 16 years, while accompanied by a responsible adult 18 years of age or older, will be permitted in the pool area at the following times ONLY:
Between the hours of 11 A.M. and 5 P.M. Daily