Operation of the In-Suite Silence Switch
The use of the in suite silence switch is voluntary. If you plan to stay in your suite review the stay or go policy. Protect yourself from smoke.
- To silence speakers, depress the silence switch and hold for 3 to 5 seconds until signals are silenced.
- When the in-suite silence switch is activated, it will silence the connected speaker(s) within your suite for approximately 10 minutes before resounding.
- If the building's fire alarm system is still active, the silenced speaker will resound when the timer (10 minutes) expires. The speaker maybe re-silenced in the same manner as described above.
- The speaker must sound for 10 seconds before it can be silenced.
- The fire alarm system signal within your suite will reactivate if there is a status change with the building's fire alarm system or a voice announcement is made.
- The in-suite silence switch does not silence the in-suite smoke alarm
FIRE EXTINGUISHMENT, CONTROL OR CONFINEMENT
Only after ensuring that the alarm has been raised and the Fire Department notified, should an experienced person (familiar with extinguisher operation) attempt to extinguish a small fire. This must be a voluntary act. If it cannot be easily extinguished with the use of a portable fire extinguisher, leave the area and confine the fire by closing the door.
The actions to be taken by occupants in emergency situations are posted on each floor at: Pull Stations/elevator lobby, or exit locations.
IN CASE OF FIRE
UPON DISCOVERY OF FIRE
LEAVE FIRE AREA IMMEDIATELY AND CLOSE DOORS.
SOUND FIRE ALARM.
CALL FIRE DEPARTMENT: DIAL 911
LEAVE BUILDING VIA NEAREST EXIT.
DO NOT USE ELEVATORS
UPON HEARING FIRE ALARM LEAVE BUILDING VIA NEAREST EXIT
CLOSE DOOR BEHIND YOU
IF SMOKE IS HEAVY IN THE CORRIDOR, IT MAY BE SAFER TO SAFER TO STAY IN YOUR AREA.
CLOSE DOOR AND PLACE WET TOWEL AT BASE OF DOOR.
IF YOU ENCOUNTER SMOKE IN STAIRWAY.
USE ALTERNATE EXIT.